DOROT is a hybrid work environment where team members work part-time onsite and part time remotely. The Manager will report to the headquarters located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and should expect to be in the office two-three days a week at a minimum.
ABOUT THE ROLE
DOROT is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to build and implement agency-wide strategies to grow our community of older adults and volunteers. This newly created position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced marketing recruitment professional to advance our reach by developing and implementing strategies to attract, retain and strengthen our relationship with constituents and highlight DOROT as the “go-to” organization for impactful programs and life-enhancing social connections. Working cross-functionally with both the Marketing and Program teams, the Manager will help establish and meet organizational goals, increasing the number of older adult and volunteer constituents we serve and enhancing communication with current constituents to deepen their participation. The Manager will also be responsible for building synergies and ensuring alignment with overall agency marketing and communications initiatives that showcase DOROT’s work and the impact on the lives of older adults in New York City and beyond.
The ideal candidate is comfortable multi-tasking in a complex work environment; demonstrates calm under pressure and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities; and has a track record in devising marketing recruitment strategies that support new levels of growth and system efficiencies. Critical to their success is the ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of the DOROT experience to inform creative recruitment and retention strategies.
Marketing and Outreach
- Develop and implement a marketing plan to increase the number of older adults and volunteers participating in DOROT programs utilizing a range of mediums—digital, print, media, mail and email.
- Analyze potential older adult and volunteer markets and resources to design a multi-pronged outreach strategy.
- Identify senior-serving organizations, community organizations and virtual spaces for recruitment.
- Set measurable goals and timelines and manage marketing campaigns from start to finish including workflow of various staff responsibilities across departments.
- Monitor the success of various strategies to meet performance metrics.
Communications and Promotion
- Ensure all program departments have tools necessary to promote programs by overseeing the development and production of content for marketing needs, including print, digital, email, etc.
- Create engaging messaging and materials to effectively introduce DOROT’s programs and services to new constituents.
- Work with the Senior Program Team to implement an ongoing communication strategy, such as periodic digital and print communications to keep older adults informed and pique their interest in ongoing programs as well as new offerings.
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Be a proactive and dynamic collaborator, working closely with colleagues throughout the organization to establish recruitment goals, strategies and tactics on both an agency-wide and program level, and develop and implement campaigns to meet established goals.
- As a member of the Marketing and Communications team, coordinate and align external communications and brand representation, including website content, media, local newspapers, talking points, email communications, flyers, short videos, social media campaigns and digital marketing needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of related experience in marketing, communications, and/or recruitment, preferably with nonprofit experience.
- Track record in managing multiple marketing campaigns with success
- Experience managing and interacting with multiple internal colleagues/constituencies with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Passion and sensitivity for DOROT’s mission.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work pro-actively, and both independently and collaboratively.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience using digital tools, including Canva and MailChimp and managing website content on a WordPress site preferred.
- Availability to work occasional evening and weekend hours for special projects, and approximately four Sundays a year for special events.
WHY WORK WITH US
At DOROT, we believe that the power of connection can be transformative. Working with us means that you will have:
- Flexibility in your working schedule. This includes things like a hybrid work environment allowing you the flexibility to support your family, etc. This also means that you have just over 1 months’ time each year to spend it how you like thanks to a generous PTO policy.
- Access to health care when you need it most. Whether it be medical, vision, dental, disability or life insurance, we’ve got you covered and offer a bevy of benefits to ensure that you and your family are taken care of during these uncertain times.
- Support to plan for your future. We offer a 403(b) contribution of 3% after your first two years with us with the opportunity for increasing contributions as you stay with us over time.
- Experience professional growth. DOROT is financially strong and in growth mode; an organization where you can make a difference.